Intermediate Accounting Professional
NextHome is excited to be recruiting for a dynamic Intermediate Accounting Professional based in Vaughan, Ontario. If you are a highly personable, smart, self-motivated, comfortable in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, then this is the opportunity for you! This position represents an opportunity to join a continuously developing organization with Employees being Our Company’s greatest asset!
As an Intermediate Accountant, you present findings related to all areas of the business and provide recommendations to the management team. Utilizing your strong attention to detail, you will prepare and review income and balance statements, general ledger and bank reconciliations, prepare month, quarter, and year-end closing, and manage AP and AR.
An integral member of the Finance team, you will make an impact by:
- Providing accurate and timely financial information to management.
- Identifying opportunities for efficiencies and improvements
- Proactively collaborating with other business functions to resolve accounting issues
The Ideal Candidate
As a growing professional, challenge and opportunity excites you. You seek the challenge of jumping right in, learning from the ground up and working alongside exceptional talent. In addition, you have:
- CPA designation, or pursuing such designation
- Private practice experience combined with industry experience is preferred
- Full cycle accounting experience
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains is an asset
- Pivot table and data integration skills are required
What You Want:
- Your opinion to matter.
- To work with an innovative media company.
- An opportunity to grow, learn and apply your new knowledge.
- A place where your voice is heard – no idea is too small or too large for us!
- An interactive team based setting.
What We Offer:
- A centrally located office that is easy to get to: we are near major highways making commuting a cinch
- Dental and Health Benefits
- Education Assistance/Self Development
- Competitive Wages
- Open Door Policy
- Team Building: We like having fun – a lot. Did we mention we have pinball machines and a Gitoni table?
Our products are changing and our business is growing – if you are a go-getter with a ‘can do’ attitude an aptitude for sales, this job is for you!
Send your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org